Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Daily Musing 5/7/2014: FINALLY

Recap:

I finally had a good day in the daily fantasy game. I placed in the money in 8/11 leagues I entered. I know I did way too much tinkering before the leagues started, but I am glad I did. The one lineup I thought was a shoo-in was the only one I did not finish in the money. I am going to just use two lineups today, or try just to use two. I am going to play the early games with one lineup and the evening games with another. Let's hope I can do well on back to back nights.

Pitchers:

Early: James Shields was scorched for 7 earned runs in his last start. The Tigers destroyed him, and I was glad I had him on my bench for my yearly AL only league. I look for a big bounce back facing a Padres team who struggle against bad pitching. The only hesitation I have in using Shields is the opposing pitcher. Cashner has been tough all year, and the Royals bats leave much to be desired over the past week. Hopefully they can eke out a few runs and Shields gets the win and tons of strikeouts. The Padres do not have many at-bats vs. Shields, but just for fun here what they are batting against him in a collective 43 at bats, .116/.191/.279 with 18 strikeouts.

Late Rick Porcello is getting some love tonight. He faces the Astros, which is reason enough to start him. He also looked dominant in his last start verse the Royals. Honestly, everyone has been looking dominant verse the Royals for the last week. He is not a strikeout pitcher, but he is a cheap option on Fanduel. I think he can pitch deep into the game and get the win for some cheap points.

Hitters:

C: Early: Johnathan Lucroy. I am not sure why fanduel has Lucroy at his current price. He is way cheap compared to other catchers of his caliber. He is also batting third in the Brewers order because of injuries. Until his price increases he is a plug in play. He has done ok against Arroyo to the tune of 4/14 with 2 doubles. Over the last 7 games he is batting .333 with 1 double.

Late: I'm going with Yan Gomes He is a cheaper option, and I want to get Tulowitzki and Cabrera in my lineup for the night. He is only batting .231 over the last 7 days, and .255 for the year.

1B: Early Paul Goldschmidt. He love batting in Milwaukee at Miller Park. In the past three years he is batting .455/.500/.955. This total is going up. He has homered today.

Late: Miguel Cabrera. He burned me on Monday going 0-4. He had a huge night last night going 4/5 with a double and a home run. Hopefully I am not a jinx, and he crushes the Houston pitcher again tonight.

2B: Early: Robinson Cano He is 4/8 vs Straily, and is a steady .308/.357/.423 over the last 7 days.

Late: Another cheap option. I am going with the DJ LeMahieu. This is my token Colorado bat besides Tulo. I know they are in Texas tonight, but that's not much of a drop-off in ballpark offense.

3B: Early: Casey McGehee: Can't ignore the hot numbers, and the fact he is batting behind Giancarlo Stanton. Over the past 7 days he is batting .433 with 4 doubles. He does not have a homer on the year, but does 23 RBI.

Late: Carlos Santana. I am going to bank on him getting it going tonight against Ricky Nolasco. He is 0/1 with 2 walks against him. He is batting a putrid .095 the last 7 days. He has 2 hits in this span, but he has made them count with a double and a home run. He also has 4 walks, at least his OBP is in the 200's at .240.

SS: Early I went with a super cheap option in Jordy Mercer. He is batting a poor .161 on the year, but I needed a cheap option to keep Cano and Goldschmidt in the lineup. I wanted Chris Owings, but the Diamondbacks gave him the day off.

Late: Troy Tulowitzki: Last 7 days: .591/.667/.955

As it stands now I am in the money in all three of the early leagues I entered. As long as James Shields does well I should finish in the moneyJ.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment