Thursday, May 1, 2014

Daily Musing 5/1/2014 HOME COOKING!!

Recap:

Anthony Rendon likes playing in his home town and batting against left handers. He crushed the ball last night, and helped me place in the money in my daily league. I would love to own Rendon in my yearly leagues. I did not draft him in any leagues, I always seemed to have my corner or middle infielder spots filled up when he came around in the draft. He helped me in the daily game last night providing a whopping 33 points. Going 4/5 with 2 runs, 2 doubles, 1 HR, and 3 RBI. I doubt he forgets this game soon. He is now batting .565 on the year against lefties. He is a must start against lefties in any type of league format. I probably would not have placed in the money without his performance last night.

My other lineup did well. Scherzer and Eovaldi turned in stellar performances. I now have a whopping $3.60 in my draftkings account. I get to play three lineups today!! My fanduel lineups did ok. I placed in 3 out of the 7 I entered. I am down to 8 dollars and some change from 10. The rainouts hurt me and I will have to watch the weather today to ensure it does not happen again.

Pitchers:

I really do not like very many pitchers today. I am have trepidation about every starter out pitching.

Ervin Santana: He is the best pitching option available today. I will play him in a few lineups and hopes he pays off. He has been stellar in his few starts of the year. Going 3-0 with a 1.95 ERA and a .98 Whip in his first 4 starts. The only worry I have is the way the Marlins have swung the bats at home this year. They are currently batting, as a team, .307/.366/.474 at home. They trounced the Braves the last two nights 9-0 and 9-3.

Dan Haren: He has been solid this year. Going 3-0 in 6 starts with a 2.25 ERA and 27 K's in 32 innings pitched. He is one of the best options besides Ervin Santana. The only trepidation I have is his career at Target Field. He has a 6.75 ERA in 14.2 innings pitched and has given up 2 HR. It was not a great start to the day either. He has given up 2 Runs in the first inning. Hopefully he settles down. (He did settle down, he gave up 2 more runs but pitched into the 7th and struckout 7)

Marco Estrada: I have mixed feelings about Estrada. He has been great this year, not giving up more than 3 runs in any of his starts. He also has made it into the 6 inning of every start. He is good against the Reds. They are only batting .224 against him. He is also good at Great American Ballpark. In 4 appearances, and 3 starts he is 1-1 with a 2.57 ERA. He has however given up 4 HR's in his 21 innings pitched at Great American. I just have a bad gut feeling about him tonight. My gut was wrong about Greinke last night, so hopefully it is wrong today as well.

Chris Archer: He is pitching the second half of the double header today. I am looking for Jake Peavy to take the first game, and for the Rays to crush Felix Doubront tonight. This hopefully means he will pitch well and strikeout a bunch of Red Sox batters. I am not holding my breath and not sure I should start him, but I am going to gamble. (The Rays won a 2-1 ballgame in the first of the double header. The sweep is hard to do but Doubront is horrible)

I am also starting Jake Peavy in one league today. The only reason is I need a second pitcher on draftkings for the early games, and he is the best available. I was not going to trust Bud Norris nor the Pittsburg pitcher.

I am also rolling the dice with Roenis Elias in one lineup. Not really very confident with the pick either, but I needed a cheap pitcher to pair with Ervin Santana. If I did not use a cheap pitcher I would not have any hitters to score points with.

One pitcher I would stay away from, who has been good this year, is Mark Buehrle. Over the past three years at Kauffman stadium he has a record of 1-1 with a 6.38 ERA in three starts with only 6 strikeouts. He is not a strikeout pitcher, but this is a putrid number.

Hitters:

C: Salvador Perez: He has been on a tear. He was 0-2 last night with one walk and 1 run scored. He mashes lefties to the tune of .351/.384/.586 for his career. He hasn't been good this year though only batting .111 in 18 AB's. I look for him to raise the lefty average tonight against Buehrle. He is 3/6 with 1 double and 1 triple against Buehrle. Kurt Suzuki is a good early play batting .421 in 19 AB with 2 doubles against Haren. Matt Wieters has been strong the past week batting .389 with 1 HR and 2 doubles.

1B: Billy the kid Butler is a great cheap option to play tonight. If he is sitting on the bench in your yearly leagues, it is time to take him off for tonight. He kills Mark Buehrle. In 60 AB's Butler is batting .333 with 3 doubles and 3 HR's. He is also starting to warm up batting .280 over his last 7 games. Edwin Encarnacion is also starting to heat up, and is solid against Guthrie. He is batting .367 in 30 AB's with 4 doubles and 2 HR's against him. Edwin is also .350/.458/.700 over his last 7 games. Those are good numbers and even though I am a Royal's fan I hope he does well tonight.

2B: This one surprised me, Chris Getz is batting 7/12 with 1 double and 1 HR against Guthrie. He is a good cheap option on many sites, and I am going to put him in some lineups. Maybe he will surprise me, he certainly did not have those types of numbers when he played for the Royals. Neil Walker is batting .429 against Bud Norris in 21 AB's with one double and 1 HR. He has been cold over his past 7 though, only batting only .192/.276/.192. Scooter Gennett is 5/11 against Homer Baily with 2 doubles, and is batting in the 2 slot tonight. Honestly, I may have to put Scooter in my hitter's notes every day just so I can type out the name Scooter.

3B: Evan Longoria is 6/17 with 1 double and 1 HR against Felix Doubront. Kyle Seager has been white hot over his last 7 games batting 474/.524/1.263 (My god, look at that slugging percentage!!!) I am not starting him in any daily leagues today because he is too expensive, but for those who have him in your yearly leagues, ENJOY. That short porch in Yankee stadium may see some action tonight. For those who dropped him in the leagues, shame on you. He is a very streaky player, ride it while it lasts, then bench him when he gets cold.

SS: Alcides Escobar, let me count the ways you pay off in the daily fantasy game. He came through huge for me last night with a 2 run double late in the game. I was hanging on pins and needles wondering if I would finish out of the money until this point. I will play him again tonight, he is batting .357 in 14 AB against Buehrle. His price is starting to creep up on most sites, but I still like playing him. Reyes is a good start across the diamond batting 3/7 with 1 double against Guthrie.

OF: Matt Kemp was a good start in the early daily games today. He was batting 6/11 with 1 double against Pelfrey. While I worked on this he has a double and a run scored. I was hoping for more from him, but points are points. I am finally going to get to play Markakis today. Look at my blog post from two days ago to see his numbers. Ellsbury is surprisingly strong against lefties this year batting, .410/.477/.641. He is also discounted tonight because he is facing a lefty. I will start him and hope he cashes in. Kris Davis is batting 4/8 against Homer Baily with 2 HR's. He also enjoys Great American Ballpark batting .400/.500/1.200 in 10 AB's. Jay Bruce enjoys batting against Marco Estrada, he has a .353 average with 1 double and 4 HR.

Good Luck and if anyone is actually reading, THANKS.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment