Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Daily Musing: 5/6/2014 Well, That Stunk

Recap:

Last night stunk on multiple levels. The Cubs and the Royals both lost in extra innings. I expect a blown game from the Cubs bullpen. The Royals blowing a late lead is not something we have seen over the past year and half. Hopefully they get it back on track tonight. My performance in the daily game was putrid last night. The Tigers killed me by only scoring 2 runs, and getting dominated by a poor pitcher. I did not place in the money in any league I entered. My pitchers where good, just did not have the right combo of hitters. I dumped 10 more dollars in my Fanduel account, hopefully it lasts a while.

Pitchers:

It is a thin night for pitching on Tuesday. Clayton Kershaw is the obvious pick coming back from the DL. He is not too expensive for the daily game, but I am going to go with C.J. Wilson who is a little cheaper and will allow me to enter better bats in my lineup.

C.J. Wilson: He has been solid this year sporting a 3.18 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, and 41 K's in 39.2 innings pitched. He pitched against the Yankees this year, going 6 innings with 5 K's and 1 ER.

My upside pick for the night is Drew Hutchison. I watched him pitch against Kansas City for his last start, and I was impressed. He was dominant through the first 6 innings before things got away from him, and the bullpen in the 7th. He has 38 K's in 33 innings pitched. He might have a short outing, but has a high strikeout potential against a strikeout prone Phillies team.

Hitters:

C: Victor Martinez: Love him today going against the lefty. He is batting .384/.448/.731 vs. lefties this year. The Tigers did not come through for me last night, but I'm going back to the well again with them facing a lefty. Derek Norris is another lefty killer, batting .344/.432/.469 verses them on the year.

1B: I am not going to go with Miguel Cabrera tonight, he is too expensive for the daily game, and his lefties numbers while good, are not as good as against righties. He is .333/.461/.568 over the past three years. Yes, I realize these are still great numbers. Instead I am going to hitch my coattails to Prince Fielder tomorrow. Fielder is starting to heat up, batting 304 with 2 doubles over the last 7 games.

2B: I'm going Kinsler again. He murders lefties. This year his slash verses them is .414/.433/.621. I'll take those numbers, and cash in on them. Howie Kendrick is another solid option tonight in the daily game. He is 4/10 with 2 doubles against Kuroda, and .364 with 2 doubles and 1 triple in the last 7 days.

3B: Longoria loves facing Chris Tillman. In 24 AB's he is batting .417/.481/1.000 (WOW). How did he manage this massive slugging percentage? By hitting 4 HR and 2 doubles. Todd Frazier is doing well at the plate over the past 7 days, .364/.423/.682. He also does well against lefties, to date he is batting 294/.429/.588. Felix Doubront is his opponent on Tuesday, hopefully 1+1=2.

SS: J.J Hardy is good value option in the daily game. He is 4/10 with 2 doubles against Archer, and his .353 over the last 7 days. Jose Reyes is an interesting option in the daily game today. The Good: He is batting .393 with 6 doubles in 56 at bats vs Cole Hamels. The Bad: He is extremely cold right now batting just .188 over the last 7 days. Troy Tulowitzki, I wanted him a lineup and was able to get him in one, no explanation is needed on why I want to use him.

OF: Melky Cabrera: 6/15 verses Hamel, and is on fire this year as stated yesterday. Angel Pagan is 9/12 against Charlie Morton with 2 doubles and 1 triple. He is also batting a steady .333 over the past 7 days. Austin Jackson is another Tiger I am going to give a try tonight. He is batting 364/.464/.545 on the year verses southpaws. I feel like I need to have at least one Colorado Rocky in every daily lineup, or I will miss out on great offensive production. I am going with Brandon Barnes and Drew Stubbs in lineups today. They both do well against lefties: .345/.406/.379 (.357 last 7 days) for the former and .292/.379/.375 (.429 last 7 days) for the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment