Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Daily Musing: 5/14/2014 “Don’t Think Meat, Just Throw”

Recap:

What a great day in the fantasy world. I jumped three places in one my yearly leagues (even managed to gain a couple of points in the league I'm dead last in), and placed in every daily league I entered. I even managed to place in the large tournament I entered. When I went to bed I was in 25th place, I finished in 300th, but still managed to make a 2.00 profit. I'll try my hand at this tournament again today, not looking to make money, but it's worth a shot to make 400 dollars for 1st place. My new strategy of picking against poor pitchers looks to be paying off. I put thought into yesterday's lineups, but didn't overthink it. I put together what I thought was a good team and went with it. I am going to keep trying the, "Don't Think Meat, Just Throw" approach and hope it pays off.

Pitchers:

Early: Madison Baumgartner is pitching against the Braves at home. I foresee a plethora of strikeouts, and a deep outing for the power lefty today. He is sporting a 5.87 home ERA on the year in 3 starts, but managed 6 innings and 9 strikeouts vs the Braves last week.

Late: Johnny Cueto is pitching against the Padres. Yes, the Padres of been playing better, but Cueto dominated the Rockies his last time out. The Padres offense is nowhere close to being as good as a road Rockies lineup. Cueto is healthy and at home (unlike Fernandez on Friday night of last week), this should equal massive success.

Hitters:

C: Early: I like John Jaso. He is facing a righty pitcher who gives up a ton of fly balls. Guessing one may leave the yard.

Late: Kurt Suzuki is primed for a big game tonight against a dreadful lefty pitcher in the form of Felix Doubront. I liked this matchup last night, and my opinion has not changed.

1B: Early: Brandon Moss, see my above reason for liking John Jaso

Late: David Ortiz. He hit two home runs last night, and helped me place in the money. He is heating up and I'm looking to ride the hot streak while it lasts. He gets another favorable matchup tonight vs. Kevin Correia.

2B: Early: Robinson Cano: I like the matchup vs a righty who has had issues in Jake Odorizzi

Late: Brian Dozier: Same reason I like Kurt Suzuki

3B: Early: Evan Longoria: I like him to bounce back today vs a putrid right handed pitcher named Brandon Maurer.

Late: Trevor Plouffe: Can you tell I think Felix Doubront struggles tonight in Minnesota?

SS: Early: I went with Ian Desmond hoping he continues building a hot streak.

Late: Jose Reyes: I am not sure I like this matchup vs Kluber. Vegas thinks this will be a high scoring game, and no other matchup was standing out to me.

OF: Early: Alex Gordon gets it going vs a struggling righty (he didn't), Cespedes hits a homer vs some White Sox pitching, and Matt Joyce keeps up his hot hitting vs right handers.

Late: Michael Brantley kills pitchers in the Rodgers Center. Ryan Braun hits lefties well, and Michael Bourn will set the table for a massive scoring output by the Cleveland Indians.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment