Monday, May 12, 2014

Daily Musing 5/12/2014: Weekend in Fantasy Hades

Recap:

WOW, was I bad at the daily game this weekend. After my stunning performance on Thursday night I followed it up with an average Friday breaking even. Then I was destroyed on Saturday and Sunday. I will admit not putting as much effort into building my lineup on Saturday. This was a mistake, and I did not place in the money in any entry I made. Yesterday was not much better. I did put more effort into my lineup. I thought I had an extremely strong one with Clayton Kershaw as my starting pitcher. A case of the "Sunday's" affected my lineup. Managers gave days off to guys who I thought where a lock to start. Scooter Jennet, Carl Crawford, and Everth Cabrera. I had to quickly replace these individuals with little to no research, while grocery shopping. Not an ideal scenario, and it cost me. I only won one head to head league, because the other guy's team was equally horrible. I was able to get home and enter in one other lineup for the late games, and nailed it. I finished in the top ten. One bright spot for a horrific weekend. I am going to try a different strategy for the week. I am going to go away from relying heavily on batter vs pitcher stats (though not going to ignore them) and focus more on poor pitchers vs good hitting teams. I put yet another 10 dollars into my Fanduel account. This will be my last deposit. I am up to 50 dollars on the month. If I can't do better this week, I will just try the daily free-rolls on fantasy websites.

Pitchers:

Dan Haren vs the Miami Marlins. Current Marlins are batting a combined .265/.302/.447 vs Haren. He has also been consistent all year. He has yet to give up more than 3 earned runs in a start, and has made it into the 6th inning in every single start. He is only averaging 4 strikeouts per his starts, but I look for him to have a big total tonight.

Jesse Chavez vs the Chicago White Sox. This is my second choice. Current White Sox's are batting .269/.333/.424 vs right handers for the year. Chavez has been a tad inconsistent over his past 3 starts. Giving up 4 earned runs in two of the three. The White Sox are a hard team to figure out, and I will probably stay away from the game and Chavez.

Hitters:

C: Chris Iannetta of the Angels: He is batting 4/9 vs Buehrle with 2 doubles. He is batting .276/.382/.655 vs lefties on the year. If he starts tonight he is a cheap consistent option at catcher. Derick Norris of the Oakland A's. He had a monster game yesterday with 2 home runs (He is one of the reasons I finished in the top 10 of my late league) He is great against lefties, in 39 at bats this year he is batting .385/.467/.641. If he is in the lineup, which he will be, I will use him for the late games.

1B: Going with Prince Fielder. I am thinking he can get it going against Houston, and a bad pitcher in Peacock. He was starting to heat up before he ran into the two John's, Lester and Lackey. Also going to try Freddie Freeman for the late games. He is 4/17 against Lincecum. He also has not had a hit in the last two games. I cannot see three straight. This is against the streak, but I think he could break out tonight.

2B: Howie Kendrick: He has been very good recently, batting .364/.462/.591 over his last 7 days. He also bats .350/.409/.700 vs Mark Buehrle. Again not trying to go against a good pitcher, but I think Buehrle is doing things with smoke and mirrors. Trying Dee Gordon for the late games. He is 3/6 against Koehler, but has only been batting .241 over the past 7 days. He is also very expensive, but I had money to spare in the evening games.

3B: Matt Carpenter has been heating up. Over the past 7 he is batting .320/.414/.440. He also does well against Travis wood, 5/19 with 1 Double and 1 Home Run. Martin Prado is a cheap play for the evening games, and is batting. .500 in 14 at bats vs Jordan Zimmerman.

SS: This is the one position I had trouble with tonight. I am going with a cheap option in J.J Hardy. Going back to pitcher vs hitter stats on this one. His slash is .412/412/.471 vs Porcello. For the late games I am hoping Jed Lowrie gets it going against Gavin Floyd. He is currently 0-9 against him, but how long can that continue?

OF: Nick Markakis also enjoys batting against Porcello: .429/.480/.619. He is also been batting .375/.444/.417 over the past 7 days. Mr. Consistent Shin-Shoo Choo. Love the matchup tonight going against a sub-par pitcher. Austin Jackson is another consistent play. He has been heating up over the past 7 days, batting .333/.360/.375. For the night games I am going with hot hands. I am going with Puig, Cespedes and Pagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment